Founded in 1954 by the burgeoning Italian community of Inner Western Sydney, A.P.I.A. Leichhardt as they were known, initially competed in the local Canterbury District competition. With the establishment of the NSW Federation of Soccer Clubs in January 1957, A.P.I.A. gained themselves a place in the first division of that fledgling competition.
The club’s honours include:
- Ampol Cup Winners 1966, 1971, 1974
- Federation Cup Winners 1962, 1967
- Sydney Champions 1964, 1966, 1967, 1975
- Australian Cup Winners 1966
- Australia Cup Finalists 1964, 1965, 1967, 1976
- NSW Grand Final Winners 1964, 1965, 1967, 1976
- National Cup Winners 1982, 1988
- National Soccer League Champions 1987
- NSL Youth League NSW Champions 1981, 1989
- NSW Premier League Champions 2003
- NSW Continental Tyres Cup Runners Up 2006
- Johnny Warren Cup Winners 2007
The A.P.I.A. Leichhardt Tigers F.C. is based in the heartland of Australian Football, Sydney’s inner western suburb of Leichhardt. The club’s home ground, Lambert Park, has been the Tigers home since its inception. Lambert Park is also located within metres of Sydney’s most popular dining spots, the famous Norton Street. Renowned for its restaurants, history and culture, Leichhardt and surrounding suburbs like Balmain, Haberfield and Drummoyne are places where people love to visit and wish to reside.